What is good oral hygiene? How do you know if your teeth are clean and healthy? Well, let’s start with the basics and make sure that you’re covering all the areas of proper oral hygiene.
If someone has good oral hygiene, it means that their teeth are clean and free from food particles. It also means that their gums are a pink color instead of looking dark and/or swollen. Healthy gums shouldn’t bleed or hurt you when you brush and floss your teeth. Lastly, good oral hygiene means that there should be no signs of bad breath. If you’ve been told that you have bad breath or need to start brushing better then follow the steps listed below. If you’re already following these steps then that’s great!
How can you practice good oral hygiene? We’ve provided a list of things that you should make sure that you’re doing so that you can maintain a healthy mouth with good strong teeth.
- The most important thing you can do for your teeth is to make sure that you’re going for regular checkups with your dentist. It’s important to visit the dentist so that they can check your teeth and make sure they are healthy and clean.
- Another important part of maintaining a healthy mouth is to make sure that you’re brushing your teeth twice a day as well as flossing and rinsing your mouth.
- When using toothpaste or mouthrinse, it would be best to use products that contain fluoride.
- If you’re someone who likes to eat between meals, it might be a good idea to change your diet so that you’re not constantly eating between meals. If you do snack between meals, try and be sure that you can clean your mouth or rinse after your snack as to prevent food particles from sticking to your teeth and in between.
- If your dentist suggests certain products for you to use, then it would be best that you use them in order to keep your teeth healthy. Also, if they suggest avoiding certain beverages and foods, then it would be advisable to follow that as well.
- If you are using different products to clean your mouth such as a toothbrush, floss, or water pick, it is important that you make sure your products are all clean. No point in cleaning your mouth with unclean or old worn out products as you may be causing more damage to your teeth and mouth.
If you practice all the hygiene steps listed above, then you should be on the right track and shouldn’t have any problems with your teeth and mouth. Remember that the healthier you eat the better off your teeth will be. Drink water when you can so that your teeth are getting rinsed off and being kept as clean as possible.
Healthy teeth make a happy you!